Sunday, December 21, 2008

When it RAINS, it pours. So find some nice "CHICKS" to keep you dry.



Hey, I tried


Now normally I wouldn't do this but what's a blog if I cant
keep it real. For the longest I've wanted some nice "CHICKS"
I could show off in the rain, sleet, hail or snow. But no one has
been able to feed my cravings. ALife came close but I hated
her skin complexion. So I said to myself, "Self, why don't you
make your own"

About 7 months ago I decided to use Marc Jacob Men's
Rain Boot as my inspiration and template.


Then I took out my trusty sewing kit that's filled with all types
of gadgets and sharp objects and cut the boots down to a more
versatile and masculine cut that went with "MY VISION". I also
used the buckle that was originally on the upper side as a strap to
give it that sneaker feel.

(sidebar: yes that is my wall in my apt)


Being that I'm my biggest critic, I just wasn't satisfied with the
outcome. I felt as if it was missing something. Like whats Tofu
without any type of sauce to go with it? So I went back to my
trusty sewing kit and made eyelets for laces. I just knew my
shit didn't stink then, LOL



I was set and happy with what I created and it served its purpose.
But to my surprise and not my intention, on a rainy day I decided
to make my daily visit to the Marc Jacob boutique. When I walked
in, one of the managers walked up to me and said "OH SHIT, I'VE
HEARD ABOUT THESE. WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE?" I replied,
"I made them". People in the store were breaking their necks,
employees were coming up from the stock room, security was trying
to keep everyone under control. Although I hate massive attention,
I must say it felt good.So long story short, the manager and I had
small talk and exchange info in the event that he would get me a
meeting with the Big Wigs over at The Marc Jacobs Corporate
office to show what I've done. He kept his end of the deal and its
a blessing that I am still very thankful for to this day. Nonetheless,
I felt I couldn't show them what I've made without showing what
I was capable of doing. So I went back to the drawing broad,
literally,and played with colors and design concepts just to
implement more ideas.









In the end, I was honored and grateful to have spoken with
and shared my vision with the Good Folk over in the Marc Jacobs
Corporate office. Everyone was really excited about the designs
and my passion for the brand itself. But they came up with the
decision that they weren't looking to change the current design
of their Original Rain Boot at the moment. I was still geeked to
even have my name mentioned in a creative design meeting.
It shows how far you can go if you believe and let determination
and will be your pilot. I am far from done and "This was only a test"


So Brain, what we'll we come up with next???


I would personally like to thank everyone associated at the Marc Jacobs Fashion
House. You have given me the boost and fuel to keep going at all my fashion goals.

2 comments:

  1. Ronnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! These boots are freaking TUFF! You Go Boy (in my Gina voice)!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment After the Beep....... BEEP!