Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Edition is LIMITED.... Part Tres


I Got One....

Call me stingy, call me greedy, but I'm sorry I like to
be the only one or very few with certain things I really
dig. There's something about having possession to things
that only a few can have. Its hard to explain but it you suffer
from "I Want To Be The Only One With It" syndrome, then
you know what I mean.



The good folks over at Adidas never seize to amaze me.
On one of my usual walks in the big apple I started to feel
down so I figured I cheer myself up and buy some "CHICKS"
that would express how I was currently feeling. I walked into
TRAINING CAMP and said to myself, "Self, get out of this
store, you need to buy a new suitcase (my previous one has
seen better days) and to my surprise there were 4 suitcases
located in the back. I gazed at this bright red one but the price
tag read $350. "No way Jose". Then my eyes opened wide and
my mouth dropped, a custom-made Adidas Suitcase right before
me. It was love at 1st sight. I picked up the tag and it read $500.
(yea, I nearly past gas too). At this point the manager walks up to
me and says, "You like it, I'll give you a good price". I replied,
"No thank you, no price would do me justice if it was $500". As I'm
walking away, my back turned, the setting suddenly went into slow
motion. He slowing yelled out. "HOW ABOUT $29.99". I turned
around so fast my debit card came flying out my sleeve like I was a
ninja throwing star knives. To top it off he informed me that Adidas
only sent 2 Suitcases to his store. As I got home I went on a Google
frenzy trying to dig up anything I could on this freakishly Awesome
luggage. I started to lose hope until I stumbled on a site in
Wellington, New Zealand. It talked about the New Adidas
Concept store opening there in 2007. No pictures but they
mentioned the Custom-Made Suitcase. I wasn't satisfied with
that so I went into my trusty contacts folder and called up the
Adidas Corporate office. They ensured me of its rarity and
how lucky I was to pay what I paid. The Wooster store in SOHO
only got 4 suitcases and they sold out the 1st day. Long story short,
I'm a happy camper, literally, LOL

"We aint going no where but got Suits and Cases"


1 comment:

  1. That's a FUCKING STEAL!
    I can totally appreciate the DEAL as well as the RARITY!

    The blog is cool by the way, Sade put me on.
    Keep Keeping it Corny!

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment After the Beep....... BEEP!